- FCT Minister Nyesom Wike told journalists on Friday that the 2027 election was already over due to political shifts across Nigeria
- Wike said more developments backing President Tinubu would emerge in the coming days as part of a larger national reorganisation
- The minister also dismissed concerns about opposition figures including Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi as irrelevant to the current political direction
FCT Minister Nyesom Wike said on Friday that the 2027 general elections had effectively been decided, pointing to a wave of political realignment he said was building in favour of President Bola Tinubu.
Wike made the remarks while speaking to journalists, saying the recent moves by politicians across the country were part of a broader reorganisation that would continue to unfold.

Photo Credit: @GovWike, @officialABAT
Source: Twitter
The minister said:
“And then last week, watch what is going to happen. You will see the larger reorganisation in this country supporting Mr President. So that was what happened last night. You will see more. And that’s why I said this election has been concluded. It has been concluded, so there’s nothing anybody can do.”

Read also
Breaking: Wike speaks on what may happen to Obi, Atiku, Sowore, others, announces 2027 prediction
Wike takes aim at opposition
Tribune reported that the minister also turned his attention to former Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate Dele Momodu, challenging his ties to Ile-Ife and suggesting that some politicians could maintain a public PDP identity while privately working in support of the All Progressives Congress.
Asked directly about the roles of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and former Anambra State governor Peter Obi, Wike refused to accept either man or their allies as a credible opposition bloc. He said he had no interest in how opposition figures interpreted the current political climate, adding that electoral contests were fundamentally about defeating rivals rather than accommodating them.
Wike said 2027 would nonetheless be a contest worth watching, arguing that developments in different parts of the country would make plain who was backing the President and who was not.
Ademeke presents his certificate of return to Wike
Legit.ng earlier reported that Osun Governor Ademola Adeleke met FCT Minister Nyesom Wike in Abuja days after his re-election victory.
The visit followed Adeleke’s earlier meeting with President Bola Tinubu, where he presented his Certificate of Return.
Adeleke defeated APC’s Bola Oyebamiji with 511,067 votes in the August 15 governorship election.
Source: Legit.ng











Leave a Reply